This turmeric chicken is juicy, tender, and full of flavor. Plus it’s loaded with Curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric), which has multiple health benefits. It can also be cooked in the oven if you aren’t up to grilling in the rain/snow.
This juicy turmeric chicken is the perfect protein for a dinner entree, sandwich or lettuce wrap filling, or meal prep! This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
Turmeric Chicken? Turmeric Everything!
Why should you be eating Turmeric? Chances are you’ve probably heard a thing or two about the popular spice. People are mixing it into their coffee, milk and smoothies. They’re using it to season their veggie bowls. They’re taking it in capsule form.
But what’s the big deal? Why should you eat Turmeric?
The main active ingredient in Turmeric is something called Curcumin, which has A TON of health benefits. It:⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. acts as an anti-inflammatory & antioxidants
2. lowers risk of heart disease
3. helps prevent cancer & Alzhiemer’s disease
4. combats depression
5. has anti-aging benefits ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So clearly turmeric is an excellent addition to your diet. Click here to check out my favorite kind of Organic Turmeric. It has a sweet and spicy flavor that I really like to use with veggies like onions, sweet potatoes, and now, with meat.
This turmeric chicken has all the depth from the spice, which also creates a nice thick crust around the chicken, holding in all the juices.
Why You NEED This Recipe
Not only is this the most simple chicken recipe ever, it’s also extremely versatile. Here are just a few of the recipes I’ve used this chicken in:
- curry apple chicken salad
- greek style meal prep with golden rice, cucumbers & yogurt
- rainbow chard wraps stuffed with bean sprouts, turmeric chicken, hummus and bell peppers
- bacon, chicken, tomato, lettuce sandwiches
- just plain chicken! sometimes the best snacks are the ones that are easy to grab and healthy
Before We Get Started…
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one. This recipe gets bonus points for being top 8 free!This recipe does not contain the following allergens:
Grilled Turmeric Chicken
This juicy turmeric chicken is the perfect protein for a dinner entree, lettuce wrap filling, or meal prep!
-2 chicken breasts or thighs
-1 tbsp turmeric
-2 tsp salt
-2 tsp pepper
-1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and seasoning.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, sprinkle with the spice blend and rub. Grill on each side for 5-9 minutes (depending on thickness, use a thermometer!)
If you want to bake this chicken instead of grilling, preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 40 minutes – 1 hour, depending on thickness of the cut of chicken you use.
Pin it for Later!