This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
The Best Weekend BreakfastHaving friends from out of town over for the weekend? Running low on groceries? Wanting something light, satisfying and nutritious? These Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos are the ultimate weekend breakfast. If you know how to fry an egg, you know how to make these, in under 10 minutes. Here’s the drill:
- Get a frying pan warming up with some olive oil.
- Fry 3 eggs, sunny side up.
- Slide your soft taco shells under the eggs, cover the frying pan (or throw in a 300 degree oven) and forget about them for a couple minutes.
It’s Topping Time!Finally, top with whatever you love. Here’s what I’m into:
- cheese. specifically, extra sharp cheddar
- micro-greens or cilantro
- sliced avocado
- thinly sliced radish
- pickled anything and everything (onions, jalapeños, carrots, etc.)
Featured RecipeWatch me and KATU anchor Tra’Ranee make these tacos on a live cooking segment: Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos
Let’s Taco ‘Bout ItToday I’m using my all time favorite soft corn tortilla tacos. These tacos make this recipe naturally gluten free and work as the perfect vehicle to hold that runny egg yolk and crispy egg whites. You could absolutely use flour tortillas if you’re not gluten/wheat intolerant. If I was still living that gluten life, I would totally adapt these into breakfast burritos by using the larger variety of tortillas and loading them up with lots of veggies, a couple eggs, and fresh pickled bites.
Allergen TagsClick on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one! This recipe does not contain the following allergens: Print
Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos
These Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos are loaded with fresh greens, spicy pickled veggies and packed with protein from a sunny side up egg.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3-6 tacos 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3–6 eggs
- 3–6 tacos
- salt + pepper to taste
- micro greens
- pickled onions, jalapeños, carrots, etc.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Fry 3 eggs, sunny side up (until the bottom begins to become crispy and golden brown and no longer sticks to the pan).
- Slide your taco shells under the eggs (add cheese at this point if desired), cover the frying pan and forget about it for a couple minutes.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: Vegetarian Breakfast Tacos, Breakfast Tacos