These pineapple margaritas are a fun twist on the classic cocktail, made with tequila, triple sec, limes, and pineapple juice. This tropical cocktail is the perfect sweet and tangy drink for a hot summer day.
This post may contain affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
This pineapple margaritas were inspired by this Pina Colada on the Rocks that uses pineapple juice and rum to mimic the classic tropical cocktail.
The tropical combination of pineapple juice and lime juice with the warm flavors of caramel and honey from the tequila makes the perfect summer drink.
The ingredient list is nothing surprising if you're an avid margarita maker.
Just a splash of pineapple juice adds more than enough natural sugar plus that signature tropical flavor we're looking fore.
Here's what you'll need to make the margaritas:
- silver tequila
- triple sec
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- pineapple juice (swap for pineapple chunks if making it frozen)
Optional garnish ideas:
- salt or Tajin for the glass
- lime slice to garnish
- pineapple slice to garnish
See recipe card for exact quantities.
Prep the garnish. Slice some fresh pineapple or limes for garnish. Rub a slice of lime around the margarita glasses before dipping in salt or Tajin.
Make the margaritas. If making a single, combine all ingredients in the shaker with ice. Shake well before serving. If making a pitcher, simply combine everything with ice in a pitcher and mix well to combine.
Serve the margaritas. Pour the margaritas into the prepped glasses and garnish with a slice of pineapple and/or lime.
In the mood for a frozen Margarita? Swap out the pineapple juice for pineapple chunks and make the cocktail in a blender!
Here are some variations you can try to really take this cocktail to the next level:
- Spicy - add a slice of jalapeño to the shaker for a little kick
- Grilled - throw that jalapeño and your pineapple slice garnish on the grill for a smoky twist in your cocktails
- Sweet & sour - add a dash of Tajin to the margarita mix for a sweet & sour flavor profile
More Tropical Drinks
- Classic Piña Colada - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- Piña Colada on the Rocks - add guacamole, crispy onions or
- Jungle Bird - add crushed potato chips (ketchup chips!)
This strawberry jalapeño margarita recipe is another great cocktail to try if you love margaritas.
Here are the supplies you'll need to make these margaritas:
- cocktail shaker - no need to go buy one, there are plenty of ways to makeshift this! check out this article for ideas.
- a jigger to measure your shots if making a single margarita - again, no need to run to the store for this as long as you have something that measures by the ounce
- lots of ice!
These pineapple margaritas can be kept in the fridge overnight or frozen in a plastic container and thawed and kept for up to 1 month.
Please remember to always drink responsibly.