This Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower is the perfect play on buffalo wings; it’s gluten free, full of flavor, and ready on a weeknight in under 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
Buffalo wing inspired veggies
Today we’re taking a popular bar snacks and giving it healthy twist. These Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower take cauliflower to a whole new level of tasty.
Using ingredients like cauliflower (duh), lemon juice and my favorite hot sauce means the flavor and texture of these “wings” is unmatched.
Did I mention this recipe comes together in somewhere around 30 minutes and is a favorite weeknight meal in our home?
Oven baked crispiness
In the interest of making these a “healthier” version of buffalo chicken wings, we’re skipping the deep fryer and taking the oven baked approach.
But worry not, we’re pulling out all the stops to achieve peak oven baked crispiness.
This Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower uses a combination of corn starch and gluten free flour to create that perfect crunchy layer coating the cauliflower.
The result is absolutely drool-worthy when tossed in my super simple 3 ingredient buffalo sauce.
You can pair the crunchy bites with ranch, blue cheese dip, crunchy celery and carrots, or just enjoy it as is!
More veggie-dominant recipes to try
This Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower is definitely not alone here on the blog. Check out some of my other favorite veggie dominant recipes:
- vegan orange cauliflower
- mongolian shiitake bowls
- turmeric roasted cauliflower
- vegetarian breakfast tacos
- vegan moroccan citrus salad
This recipe does not contain the following allergens (read more about this on my disclosure page):
Click on the Allergen Icons above to find more allergy friendly recipes in that category.
Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Dinner, Wings
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 6 tbsp of your favorite hot sauce
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup flour (I used gluten free)
- Buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
- sliced celery and/or carrot sticks
- Preheat your oven to 425. In a bowl combine all ingredients for your buffalo sauce and set aside.
- In a gallon zip lock bag, combine 3 tbsp of your buffalo sauce with your corn starch. Mix well until a paste is formed. Add your cauliflower florets, seal the bag, and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the flour and toss again to make sure all florets are evenly coated.
- Arrange florets on a baking sheet and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and drizzle again with remaining olive oil. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- When the florets are crisp and golden brown crust begins to form, pull from the oven. Drizzle with remaining buffalo sauce and serve with blue cheese/ranch and a side of sliced celery. Enjoy!
Keywords: Crispy Oven Baked Buffalo Cauliflower