Have you ever craved a cheeseboard but been wary of the dairy? This vegan free charcuterie board is the one for you!
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
The Ultimate Party Snack
Ok, it's 2019 and you likely are very familiar with charcuterie boards. More commonly known as "cheese boards", these epic spreads have always been a favorite snack of mine.
I remember in elementary school before I could really cook anything for myself, finding such pleasure in making my own little cheese plates.
By now, the old cheese plate has received a serious makeover in the form of highly styled spreads of artisanal meats, cheeses, and essentially anything you can eat with your fingers.
The charcuterie board may have reached a new level of extra, but it has also a new level of a delicious.
A Vegan Charcuterie Board - How To
If you've ever dabbled in the art of charcuterie, you know it's pretty straightforward.
- Put all your ingredients on a tray or cutting board
- Throw in some spoons, knives, or forks for easy access to spreads and finger foods
That said, it's the attention to detail that takes the average snack plate to this vegan charcuterie board we are making today.
Here are my top tips in making a next level charcuterie display:
- Plan it out! I know it can seem like overkill to sketch out your tray before assembling, but trust me here. If you really want this board to come together, take the time to balance things in the right way. This will help in spreading the crown around the board, instead of everyone forming a line by the corner with all 3 cheeses. Here is a set of cutting boards that can make this process a lot easier.
- Cut most of the cheese, fruit, and veggies ahead of time, off the board. The last thing you want is a board that looks dirty underneath all of the treats. Save yourself the stress by cutting things on a separate surface.
- Garnish with some pretty details like fresh herbs or edible flowers. It's easy to run out of room quickly when designing a board for a large party. Using a garnish can really fancy things up without taking up too much space.
Some Killer Charcuterie Add Ins
While these aren't all dairy free they all make great add ins if you've got room to fill on your board:Print
Vegan Charcuterie Board
Pick and choose a few ingredients you like from each section below, and build your own board in under 10 minutes!
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 people
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- artichoke hearts
- pickled onions
- pickled carrots
- baby pickles
"Fruits & Veggies"
- dried pineapple, apples, peaches, etc.
- cherry tomatoes
- bell pepper
"Nuts & Crackers"
- gluten free crackers
- dairy free cheeze
- olive tapenade
- Rinse and prep all your fruits and veggies and garnish. Slice into bite size pieces.
- Place your "messy" items into bowls with spoons and/or forks. Place on the board in separate corners for easy access.
- Load your board with all the ingredients! Have fun and enjoy with a glass of wine or sparkling water.
Keywords: vegan charcuterie board
Leave a comment & rate this recipe