Learn how to make omelettes with this easy step by step recipe that comes out perfect every time and can be filled with any of your favorite ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
The Perfect Omelette, Every Time
Looking for a breakfast option that’s as delicious as it is easy to throw together? This recipe is perfect for every occasion.
It’s easy to customize for weekend guests with simple ingredients you’re likely to already have in the fridge. Bonus points if you give your guests the choice to pick their fillings!
After you’ve decided on your fillings, it’s as easy as beating some eggs, pouring them in a pan and…
Nailing the Technique
There’s a common misconception that because omelettes are a French classic, they must be complex to make.
It’s not true.
There are a couple different techniques used to fold omelettes depending on how fancy you want to get. For this recipe we’re keeping things simple with a half fold.
As seen in the pictures above, you will place fillings around half of the egg mixture in your pan. Then, fold half of the cooked egg over itself. From here you can leave it as is or fold again into a quarter. That’s it!
How to Make Omelettes Customizable
Let’s talk fillings. After all, the filling is what makes this recipe so customizable. If you learn how to make omelettes one way, you can pretty much perfect every different flavor profile.
There are countless filling combinations you could create for a successful omelette. Below I’m sharing a few of my favorites. Feel free to experiment with what you have on hand and get creative.
- mushrooms and goat cheese
- ham and cheddar
- onion, bell pepper, arugula
- sun dried tomato, spinach, feta
- broccoli cheddar
This recipe does not contain the following allergens (read more about this on my disclosure page):
Click on the Allergen Icons above to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one.
How to Make Omelettes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 omelette 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Eggs
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American, French
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- goat cheese
- sliced bell pepper
- the options are endless!
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt the butter with olive oil over medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs vigorously with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan and move the pan to spread the eggs into a thin layer by twisting it around. Wait a couple minutes until the eggs begin to solidify at the middle of the pan.
- Add desired fillings to the outer edge of half of the omelette. Flip half of the omelette onto itself using a spatula. Let it sit for a minute and serve.
Keywords: How to Make Omelettes, Omelettes