Things needed to make it through this work week: air, water, rest, and these gluten free burrito bowls.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
My Go-To Weeknight Meal
One of my favorite things about making new friends is learning about their cooking staples. Everyone has one or two, or twenty. Food is my favorite way to connect with the people I love, so of course I get excited when someone makes me their specialty.
And while I probably wouldn’t call these gluten free burrito bowls my “specialty”, they are definitely a staple in our household.
I’m sure you’ve gone through a similar process when planning out meals. It’s always easy to start with the more comfortable, reliable meals. Then circling back to the more adventurous menu items to fill in the gaps.
Sometimes you might even get take out on those “adventurous” cooking nights you planned.
Anyway, making these bowls is familiar enough to making tacos, which makes the whole recipe feel ridiculously easy.
Gluten Free Burrito Bowls = Major Meal Prep Material
Not only are these gluten free burrito bowls a staple weeknight meal for us, they are also perfect for meal prep.
It’s helpful to cook all your veggies, rice, and meat at once, then focus on prepping the raw ingredients. Your fresh items like lettuce, cilantro, corn, salsa, and avocado do best when added the day of so I like keeping the components separate and assembling the day I’m going to eat.
I like using my favorite glass tupperware with dividers to separate the rice and meat from the veggies, because I’m type A like that.
Other Bowls I Love:
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one.
This recipe does not contain the following allergens (read more about this on my disclosure page):
Gluten Free Burrito Bowls
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp and 2 tsp salt
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- cilantro and lime to garnish
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, stirring every 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Season with 1 tbsp of taco seasoning and 3 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450. Chop the bell peppers and onion and lay on a baking sheet with olive oil and remaining salt and taco seasoning. Toss and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble your bowls with a couple scoops of rice, beef, veggies, corn, beans, lettuce, sliced avocado, salsa, and cilantro and lime to garnish. Enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free burrito bowls