Creamy white wine mussels are the ultimate date night dinner when topped with oven baked lemon pepper fries and fresh arugula.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
Summertime seafoodSomething about seafood just screams summertime. Maybe it's the light, citrusy broth or the fact that it cooks in a matter of minutes. Whatever the reason, I'm leaning all the way in to the summer celebration of shellfish. My parent's met in France and as a result, there was a lot of French inspired cuisine in our kitchen. It's hilarious looking back at my childhood eating habits. While my brother and most of my friends thought seafood was gross, I couldn't get enough! The less mussels everyone else had, the more for me.
Paired with a CrunchThere's nothing quite like a good broth + crunch combo. Not sure what I'm talking about? Think crunchy parmesan croutons with tomato basil soup. Or cheesy cheddar broth and crunchy broccoli florets. These creamy white wine mussels are paired best with items that have a crunch. That's why we're using fries to soak up this delicious sauce. I used my favorite Lemon Pepper Oven Baked Fries as the crunch element in this dish. That said, you could also use your favorite french fry (not judging if you made them yourself or got them from the drive through down the block). Using a toasted gluten free baguette (I get mine from New Cascadia) with a healthy spread of butter is also highly recommended.
Creamy White Wine Mussels with Lemon Pepper Fries
These creamy white wine mussels are the ultimate date night dinner topped with oven baked lemon pepper fries and fresh arugula.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: French
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups white wine
- 2 lbs mussels
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- arugula to top (optional)
- lemon pepper oven baked fries - click to get the recipe (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed soup pot combine butter, shallots, and garlic. Sauté until the shallots and garlic become fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the alcohol taste has gone and the wine has slightly reduced.
- Add in the mussels and half of the parsley, cover and check every minute or so, removing from the heat only when a majority of the muscles have opened up.
- Add in the cream and stir. Toss in lemon juice and lemon zest and garnish with remaining parsley, arugula and fries.
Keywords: Creamy White Wine Muscles
Leave a comment & rate this recipe