Gluten Free Vanilla Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
This gluten free vanilla cake with light and fluffy coconut cream cheese frosting and real coconut shavings is straight out of my dreams.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 1 two layer cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the Cakes:
- 2 tbsp butter or Pam spray (to grease both pans)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut flavor
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 7 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp coconut flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set your eggs and butter on the counter top a few hours before you start baking.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 8 inch cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and coconut flavor and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and slowly blend into the larger mixing bowl. Do not over mix. Fold in the milk just until combined evenly.
- Split into the two cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of the cake.
- Cool for 1 hour. Move to wire racks and cool for another hour. Slice off the cake top to make an even top, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Make the frosting: blend together confectioners sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese and butter (softened to room temperature). Blend in coconut essence and vanilla extract.
- Spread on the cake with an offset spatula. Press shredded coconut flakes on the top and sides of the cake. Enjoy!
Keywords: Gluten Free Vanilla Cake, Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting