Learn how to make turmeric tea from scratch in just 15 minutes by simmering fresh turmeric root with water. It’s an incredibly easy way to make tea, and super easy to build off of by adding fresh ginger, citrus peel, honey, and more.
- 4–6 pieces of fresh turmeric root
- 4 cups water
- Optional: fresh ginger, citrus peel, citrus slices, honey
- Bring water to a boil. Bring the water to a boil in a pot over before lowering to a simmer.
- Prep the turmeric. While the water heats up, slice the turmeric into rounds (wear gloves to prevent staining your hands).
- Add the turmeric to the water. Add the sliced turmeric (if using ginger & citrus peel, add at this time too) to the water and continue to simmer for at least 10 minutes, or until the water develops a yellowish golden color.
- Strain & serve. Strain out the turmeric root and serve the tea in a mug. Add honey for sweetness and garnish with a slice of orange or lemon, if desired.