Meal Prep Week 4
What better way to kick off the 4th weekly meal prep recipe than with Beef Barbacoa Spanish Rice Bowls? Packed with protein and flavor, this beef recipe combines garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo, onion, lemon juice and a dry rub.
Beef Barbacoa + Spanish Rice Bowls
Combining these two classics seemed like an obvious meal prep option to me but this recipe takes it to the next level. When served with rice cooked in your choice of salsa and crispy kale, this is bound to be one of your go to weekday meals; if you want to add a little extra heat to it get spicy with your salsa selection!
Tools You Will Probably Need:
- The Instant Pot or some kind of slow / pressure cooking device. You could probably make it without one in a conventional pot but the cooking time will vary. Check out mine here.
- Baking sheet & parchment paper; these two tools will make cooking 3 heads of kale at once much more efficient!
- Meal Prep Containers are something I almost always use these glass containers with dividers and add snacks to the other compartments. Buy them here or click the pictures below!
- You could easily make these meal prep bowls vegan or vegetarian by swapping out the beef for jackfruit. Jackfruit is a fibrous fruit that can be slow cooked with spices and then torn to make a consistency very similar to shredded beef or chicken without any meat! If you are interested, Trader Joe’s sometimes has it in the canned section.
- As with most of my recipes, I would encourage you to make this your own! Cheese lover? You can grate some shredded cheddar would on top of these. Do you prefer chicken over beef? Don’t be afraid to slow cook the chicken in the same spices! Craving something fresh? Cilantro, chopped tomato or even some slices of ripe avocado would be absolutely delicious on these Spanish rice bowls; don’t forget to have fun with this recipe!
Before We Get Started…
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one!
This recipe does not contain the following allergens: