Love hummus? Make it a meal with this Moroccan spiced loaded hummus topped with crumbled feta, fresh tomatoes, and kalamata olives.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
Loaded hummus, it's a thing.
We've all tried hummus at this point in our lives. But have you tried/heard of loaded hummus?
The concept is super simple. It's basically hummus with a bunch of toppings. Kind of like a salad. Or 7 layer dip. But better.
Because this Moroccan spiced loaded hummus requires no oven, no stove top, no heat whatsoever.
Just pulse up your homemade hummus, spread it on a plate or bowl, and sprinkle with all the toppings! Enjoy with some pita chips, pita bread, or eat it directly out of the bowl with a spoon like me.
I like using these organic canned garbanzo beans.
A hack from my friend Cosette
My friend Cosette from Cosette's Kitchen has shown me many amazing cooking tricks she's learned over the years.
One of the best ones I will never not use again? Her ice cube in hummus hack.
Something about this trick makes the consistency of this dip next level creamy. Try it and let me (or Cosette) know what you think!
Recipes that work well with loaded hummus
So obviously hummus is amazing on it's own. It's even better with these:
- tzatziki sauce - this sauce plus hummus plus literally any kind of protein is so. good.
- moroccan kefta lettuce wraps
- golden greek bowls
Moroccan Spiced Loaded Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Hummus, Lunch, Appetizer
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Moroccan
For the hummus:
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup kalamata olives (halved and pitted)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- In a food processor combine the drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, spices, olive oil and ice cubes.
- Puree until smooth and creamy, adding additional olive oil and ice cubes if needed.
- Spread your hummus on a platter and sprinkle with additional olive oil, paprika, and toppings of your choice.
Keywords: Moroccan spiced loaded hummus, loaded hummus
Leave a comment & rate this recipe