These Greek Salad Inspired Quinoa Bowls are easy to meal prep, require minimal chopping and taste like a perfect bite of the Mediterranean.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
I am so happy to finally be writing about my weekly meal prep situation!
This habit/practice/thing is something I started doing years ago strictly out of practicality.
My first year out of college I started teaching full time and quickly realized how important it was for me to have a filling, healthy lunch every day. I was so tired in the evenings I didn't have the energy to make a new lunch for the next day so cooking four or five lunches at once seemed like the only way to survive.
As the years have continued and my schedule has changed, my weekly meal prep stayed the same.
Friends, coworkers and people on the internet have asked me to share more of these recipes so after plenty of overthinking and procrastinating, here I am. The goal is to post one new meal prep recipe every month, starting with these Greek salad inspired quinoa bowls.
Why meal prep?
- Time saver
- Money saver
- Portion control
- Reduces daily food related stress
- Helps in fighting cravings
- The list goes on and on - share a comment below with one way meal prepping has helped you!
Greek salad inspired quinoa bowls
I can't think of a better recipe to kick off this weekly tradition with than my Greek Inspired Quinoa Bowls. With all my favorite ingredients from a classic greek salad like tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese, I actually look forward to going to work just so I can eat lunch!
- Swap out the chicken for tofu to make the recipe vegetarian
- Drop the quinoa and double the lettuce for a grain free salad
- Forget the meal prep and make it for dinner! Split the recipe in half for 4 servings
- Try using some roasted garlic in the chicken marinade for a boost of flavor