Join me in experimenting with the pizza dough I found at my local grocery store to make some gluten free Margherita pizza.
This post contains affiliate links; this means if you purchase an item linked, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to learn more about my disclosure policy.
A New Gluten Free Favorite
If you’re on board with the gluten free diet/lifestyle, you know it’s not every day that you stumble across gluten free pizza dough at the grocery store.
That’s why when I found this gem at New Seasons, I stopped in my tracks. For under $10, I deemed it worth a try and tossed it in my shopping basket along with some basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. It had all the potential for a delicious gluten free Margherita pizza.
If I’m being completely honest though, I was pretty skeptical about this dough. While I am a huge fan of New Seasons, it’s not easy to nail a gluten free dough.
Too often I’ve let my hopes climb high for a store bought gluten free dough, to only have them come crashing down in a pile of cardboard-like cracker crust.
That said, after only one experiment with it (after accidentally forgetting about it, freezing it in a panic, and thawing it weeks later), I can say I am a big fan.
How the Dough Works
At first glance, I was worried that making this dough would be more work than it’s worth…
But then I remembered my undying love of pizza and remembered that any pizza is worth the effort!
It also helps that this dough is actually quite simple to prep and my gluten free Margherita pizza came together in under an hour.
So here’s the deal:
- Shape the dough between two pieces of parchment paper (even though I thought this would be a sticky mess, it wasn’t)
- Let it rise while you prep your toppings
- Par-bake for 6 minutes
- Go crazy with your toppings and bake your pizza until it’s a golden, melty pile of heaven
More Italian Inspired Favorites…
Let’s get cooking!
Gluten Free Margherita Pizza – Allergen Tags
This recipe does not contain the following allergens (read more about this on my disclosure page):
Click on the Allergen Icons above to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one.Print
Gluten Free Margherita Pizza
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 gluten free pizza dough package (I got mine from New Seasons)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara
- 1 ripe beefsteak tomato
- 8–10 basil leaves
- 1 log fresh mozzarella cheese
- Rise and par-bake your pizza dough as instructed on packaging.
- Top your pizza with a thin layer of sauce, sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Bake until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Enjoy!
Keywords: Gluten Free Margherita Pizza, Gluten Free Pizza