Celebrate Father’s Day the right way with my 30 minute bacon cheeseburger sliders using Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Patties and Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon.
This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The ultimate slider hack
I’m sharing my favorite hack for epic (and crazy quick) sliders, featuring savory sausage patties (already fully cooked), melty cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, tomato and crunchy pickles—all from my local Albertsons.
Even though many of us will be staying home this Father’s Day, it doesn’t mean we want to spend the entire day cooking.
If this whole stay-at-home order has taught me anything, it’s that nothing beats quality time spent with the ones we love. On Father’s Day, that means using whatever tricks necessary to make sure the day is spent enjoying quality time, instead of slaving away in the kitchen.
For these Father’s Day bacon cheeseburger sliders, that hack is using Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Patties.
They come already made in the perfect size for sliders, are fully cooked, and warm up easily in the microwave or on your stovetop.
That means no fuss over raw meat, uneven burger sizes, or getting the grill temperature just right. This hack is convenience at its best!
I found both Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Patties and Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon in the meat section of Albertsons.
Assembling your Father’s Day bacon cheeseburger sliders
Assembling these Father’s Day bacon cheeseburger sliders is ridiculously easy thanks to the hack mentioned above.
The real trick for making these come together in 30 minutes is doing all your prep work while the bacon is in the oven.
I’m talking about slicing the tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce. Getting out the necessary condiments. Toasting your buns. Warming up your Jimmy Dean sausage patties.
This way, once the bacon is cooked, all you have to do is broil the patties with some of the cheddar cheese to get that nice melty consistency we look for in any good cheeseburger.
From there, it’s all about layering. Your melty cheese goes on the sausage patty, and it all sits on the gloriously toasted bun. A slather of ketchup, mayo, and mustard. A crunchy pickle. A few slices of juicy tomato. A crunchy leaf of lettuce.
Lay on a slice of hand-trimmed, thick cut Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon and call it Father’s Day dinner. Or lunch. Or whatever meal Dad wants it to be!
Make it Dad’s favorite
Interested in making these sliders into your dad’s favorite burger combo? With Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Patties and Wright Brand Hickory Bacon, the options are endless!
I’ve made a few different variations of these sliders thanks to the Albertsons mobile app. Being able to search the aisles of the store from the comfort of my couch is crazy convenient and helps me in brainstorming new recipes.
Here are some of my favorite twists I’ve tried to take these sliders to new dimensions:
- Banh mi sliders – skip the cheddar, lettuce, tomato deal and top your patties and bacon with pickled carrots, daikon, and fresh cilantro for an Asian-inspired slider (don’t forget to lather on some spicy mayo for that classic banh mi kick!)
- BBQ sliders – swap out the lettuce and tomato for some freshly made coleslaw and smear a generous spoonful of bbq sauce on your buns for a bbq-inspired slider
- Blue cheese onion sliders – does your dad have *elevated* taste? Dress your sliders up with some caramelized onions and crumbled blue cheese.
Not seeing anything that really fits your dad’s flavor? Check out the menu at his favorite burger joint, and get inspired by the ingredients they use on his favorite burger!
When all else fails, these classic Father’s Day bacon cheeseburger sliders literally never disappoint.
This recipe does not contain the following allergens (read more about this on my disclosure page):
Click on the Allergen Icons above to find more allergy friendly recipes in that category.
Father’s Day Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Father’s Day, Holiday
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4–6 slices Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon (1 package)
- 8 Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Patties (1 package)
- 6–8 slices of cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 6–8 slider buns (I used my favorite gluten free buns)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1–2 tomatoes, sliced thick
- 3–4 leafs of romain lettuce
- 10–12 round cut pickle slices
- Preheat your oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay your bacon out on the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and fully cooked.
- While the bacon is cooking, prep all your other ingredients. Slice your cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and slice your buns in half. Toast the buns in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook the Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Patties as instructed on packaging. Once warmed up, top the sausage patties with a slice of cheese. Set your oven to broil and broil the patties just until the cheese is melted.
- Assemble your burgers. Lather your buns with desired condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, etc.). Add your sausage patties, cooked bacon, lettuce, tomato slices, and pickles. Enjoy with dad and a plate of fries!
Keywords: Father’s Day Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders, bacon cheeseburger sliders