These creamy white wine mussels are the ultimate date night dinner topped with oven baked lemon pepper fries and fresh arugula.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups white wine
- 2 lbs mussels
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- arugula to top (optional)
- lemon pepper oven baked fries – click to get the recipe (optional)
- In a heavy bottomed soup pot combine butter, shallots, and garlic. Sauté until the shallots and garlic become fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until the alcohol taste has gone and the wine has slightly reduced.
- Add in the mussels and half of the parsley, cover and check every minute or so, removing from the heat only when a majority of the muscles have opened up.
- Add in the cream and stir. Toss in lemon juice and lemon zest and garnish with remaining parsley, arugula and fries.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Creamy White Wine Muscles