- 6 lemons, scored into quarters
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 6 additional lemons)
- 1/2 cup salt
- Wash and scrub the lemons to remove any dirt from the skin. Score into quarters and rub each section with salt.
- Squeeze into your canning jars (I fit two lemons in each 4 oz jar) and pack with more salt. Fill with lemon juice, leaving about 1 inch of space for air at the top of the jar.
- Let sit in the fridge for a month or until the skin is soft and can be easily punctured with a butter knife. Use in sauces, marinades and with roasted dishes!
- Category: Canned
- Method: Canned
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: preserved lemons, moroccan preserved lemons