This gluten free vanilla cake with light and fluffy coconut cream cheese frosting and real coconut shavings is straight out of my dreams.
For the Cakes:
- 2 tbsp butter or Pam spray (to grease both pans)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut flavor
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 7 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp coconut flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut flakes
- Set your eggs and butter on the counter top a few hours before you start baking.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 8 inch cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and coconut flavor and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and slowly blend into the larger mixing bowl. Do not over mix. Fold in the milk just until combined evenly.
- Split into the two cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of the cake.
- Cool for 1 hour. Move to wire racks and cool for another hour. Slice off the cake top to make an even top, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Make the frosting: blend together confectioners sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese and butter (softened to room temperature). Blend in coconut essence and vanilla extract.
- Spread on the cake with an offset spatula. Press shredded coconut flakes on the top and sides of the cake. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten Free Vanilla Cake, Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting