Flourless = Gluten-free
This flourless, gluten-free chocolate cake has a decadent chocolate base topped with homemade chocolate icing, fresh raspberries and chocolate hearts. Baking with food allergies means getting creative with the kinds of flour in your pantry. That, and experimenting with lots of gluten-free flour blends. But the best kind of recipes are the ones that exclude flour entirely, like this flourless cake.
To make it flourless, we’re using lots of cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Because chocolate cake was never about the flour, it has and will always be about the chocolate! Who’s with me? It’s that time of the month so I’d be content with a chocolate fountain on my desk right now. I digress…
You thought I was done talking about chocolate? Not a chance and if you’re still reading, chances are you aren’t mad about it. What better to top a chocolate cake than melted down chocolate chips in the shape of hearts? These chocolate hearts make the perfect garnish paired with fresh raspberries and they are super simple to make! Just melt some chocolate chips over a double boiler, grab some parchment paper, swirl a spoonful of the chocolate over the parchment paper in the shape of a heart, chill and enjoy. Make sure to be extra careful when peeling the chocolate hearts off the paper; just like the flourless chocolate cake, they are fragile little beauties.
Before We Get Started…
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Hearts
This recipe does not contain the following allergens:
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make this cake!Print
This flourless, gluten-free chocolate cake has a decadent chocolate base topped with homemade chocolate icing, fresh raspberries and chocolate hearts.
(for the cake)
3/4 cup soy free chocolate chips
1/2 cup vanilla ghee OR salted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
(for the frosting)
1 cup salted butter
1 cup soy free chocolate chips
for the cake)
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a medium sized cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low, melt the chocolate chips and ghee (or butter).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chocolate ghee mixture, sugar and eggs, mixing until consisten. Whisk in the cocoa powder and pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick into the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the cake pan and cool completely on a rack.
(for the frosting)
- In a large saucepan melt your butter and chocolate chips, stirring often.
- Bring to room temperature then set in the refrigerator until the mixture hardens.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until it becomes light and has the texture of frosting.
- Frost the cake liberally and top with chocolate shavings and fresh raspberries.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cake, flourless cake, gluten-free, chocolate hearts