Weekly Meal Prep Introduction
These Greek Salad Inspired Quinoa Bowls are easy to meal prep, require minimal chopping and taste like a perfect bite of the Mediterranean.
I am pretty happy to finally be writing about my weekly meal prep situation! This habit/practice/thing is something I started doing years ago strictly out of practicality. My first year out of college I started teaching full time and quickly realized how important it was for me to have a filling, healthy lunch every day. I was so tired in the evenings I didn’t have the energy to make a new lunch for the next day so cooking four or five lunches at once seemed like the only way to survive.
As the years have continued and my schedule has changed, my weekly meal prep stayed the same. Friends, coworkers and people on the internet have asked me to share more of these recipes so after plenty of overthinking and procrastinating, here I am. The goal is to post one new meal prep recipe every week to this page!
Why Meal Prep?
- Time saver
- Money saver
- Portion control
- Reduces daily food related stress
- Helps in fighting cravings
- The list goes on and on – share a comment below with one way meal prepping has helped you!
A tool you might find useful in meal prepping are these divided glassware containers I use:
If you click the image above it will take you directly to them on Amazon.
Greek Salad Inspired Quinoa Bowls
I can’t think of a better recipe to kick off this weekly tradition with than my Greek Inspired Quinoa Bowls. With all my favorite ingredients from a classic greek salad like tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese, I actually look forward to going to work just so I can eat lunch!
- Swap out the chicken for tofu to make the recipe vegetarian
- Drop the quinoa and double the lettuce for a grain free salad
- Forget the meal prep and make it for dinner! Split the recipe in half for 4 servings
- Try using some roasted garlic in the chicken marinade for a boost of flavor
Before We Get Started…
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one!
This recipe does not contain the following allergens:Print
These Greek Salad Inspired Quinoa Bowls are easy to make, require minimal chopping and taste like a perfect bite of the Mediterranean.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp salt
3 tsp pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE TZATZIKI INSPIRED DRESSING:
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 4 lemons
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 tsp oregano
3 tsp salt
3 tsp pepper
FOR THE BOWLS:
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 heads of romain lettuce, chopped roughly
1 1/2 cups fully cooked quinoa
1 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 cups kalamata olives
- In a large ziplock bag, combine all ingredients for the chicken marinade. Add chicken and marinate in fridge for 4+ hours.
- Roast chicken at 400 degrees for 25 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Remove and chop into 2 inch cubes.
- In a bowl or mason jar, combine all ingredients for dressing and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Assemble bowls using Pyrex containers (or whatever meal prep glassware you like) starting with a few spoonfuls of quinoa, then a handful of romaine lettuce, olives, tomatoes, chicken, feta, and cilantro. Do your best to divide the ingredients evenly between the 8 containers.
- Top with a spoonful of tzatziki dressing just before eating!
Marinate the chicken the night before if you can!