This is one of my favorite recipes to make during the week. This orange cauliflower is the perfect play on orange chicken; it’s vegan, delicious and easy to make. Try this recipe and let me know what you think! Also check out my video tutorial below.
Before We Get Started…
Click on the Allergen Icons below to find more allergy friendly recipes like this one!
This recipe does not contain the following allergens:Print
This orange cauliflower is the perfect play on orange chicken; it’s vegan, delicious and easy to make.
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour (normal flour works too!)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce works too!)
- 2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 minced jalapeno
- White rice (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large ziplock bag combine 1 tbsp corn starch, 3 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce and 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar. Mix well. Add cauliflower florets, seal bag and toss to coat. Add flour, seal bag and toss to coat again.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil. Add cauliflower and spread out on baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until browned, flipping them to brown evenly at the half-way mark.
- In a wok over medium high heat add garlic, ginger, jalapeño and remaining ghee or olive oil. Sauté until fragrant. Toss in half of the green onions. Add orange juice, remaining 3 tbsp soy sauce and 3 tbsp rice wine, brown sugar, orange zest and corn starch to a mixing bowl and stir well. Pour into the wok. Reduce by half. Add in cauliflower and mix to coat.
- Serve over brown or white rice and garnish with orange slices and remaining green onions!
vegan, dairy free, vegetarian
Keywords: orange cauliflower